I just mucked around with my normal vanilla cupcake recipe (hey, I've found a gf cake recipe that doesn't go dry - I'm almost too afraid to try another one in case it goes all dry and horrible!) . I swear, next time I'll try a new recipe! Really!
125 g butter (room temperature)
2/3 C caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C self raising gluten free flour
1 Tbsp milk
1/4 C Cream Cheese
1 1/2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced into 1 cm pieces
juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Line a 12 hole and a 6 hole cupcake tin with cupcake cases.
- Squeeze the lemon over the chopped apples (this will stop them browning and adds a lovely zing)
- Cream butter and sugar together until pale. Beat in vanilla.
- Beat in 1 egg. Scrape down the sides. Beat in the second egg and scrape again.
- Mix in the flour and cinnamon in 3 additions, alternating with the milk and cream cheese in 2 additions, mixing continuously.
- Stir through the apples
- Divide evenly into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
I was feeling particularly lazy this week (as you can probably guess by the fact it took me 4 days to post!) so I didn't ice them. They were so moist and sweet,