Bacon and Sweet Corn Risotto
You will need
200 g of bacon, cut into lardons
1 onion, finely diced
2 handfuls arborio rice
100 ml white wine
kernels from 1 cob sweet corn
handful snow peas
sliced shallots, to garnish
cutting board + knife
frying pan + spatula
- Render the fat from bacon by gently heating it in the frying pan. Allow bacon to brown slightly.
- Add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add the rice. Allow it to absorb the juices for a few seconds, then add the wine to the mixture.
- Crumble the stock cube over the top of the wet mixture and mix well.
- Once liquid has been absorbed, add boiling water (50 ml at a time) and allow to absorb. Once the rice dries, add another 50 ml and allow to absorb.
- When the rice has been cooking for approx 7 minutes, add the sweet corn.
- Continue to add boiling water in 50 ml increments until rice is soft all the way through. Risotto should flow unctuously in the pan.
- Mix through roughly chopped snow peas. Top with chopped shallots and serve.