Bacon, Potato and Mushroom Frittata
You will need:
4 rashers of bacon
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cob corn
1 1/2 Tbsp milk
Spray cooking oil
1/2 cup grated cheese (I used a mix of freshly grated Parmesan and mozzarella)
30 cm tart tray/shallow ovenproof circular dish
frying pan + spatula
knife + cutting board
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Cut the potato into bite sized cubes. (Leave the skin on if you like - less effort than taking it off!) Add to saucepan with boiling water and salt, and simmer for 5 minutes or until just cooked (think al dente). Drain and run under cold water until room temperature.
- Dice the bacon and add to frying pan. Cook on a low heat and allow the fat to render.
- Finely dice onion and add to frying pan. Cook until translucent.
- Add the cooled potato to the frying pan and allow to cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Slice the mushrooms and slice the corn kernels off the cob. Add both to pan and cook for 5 minutes (or until they are just golden). At this point, your pan will probably be very full - try not to spill too much! (If you manage this you have much more skill than I do...)
- Spray a light layer of oil in your oven proof dish. Add a thin layer (2 Tbsp) of cheese to the bottom of the dish.
- Transfer pan contents into oven proof dish.
- Beat the milk into the eggs until just combined and pour over the bacon/potato mix.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until eggs are just set in the centre.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top and bake for another 5 minutes.