07 February 2010

Cupcake Crumb Pudding

Part of the lazy ethos is that I don't see the point of making something and then not using it. So when I cut the holes in the CranOrange Meringue cupcakes, I couldn't bear to discard the tops. But gluten free cakes go stale very quickly, so when I came to snack on them this arvo and found they had gone hard, I didn't know what to do - until I came across this recipe in one of my mum's old cookbooks, that is.



Cupcake Crumb Pudding (The cover fell off the book, so I'm not sure who to credit it to!) (Makes 3)

You will need:

leftover cupcake tops from this recipe
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 cup hot milk
3 teaspoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)

3 ramekins
large, deep baking tin
whisk
mixing bowl
measuring jug

  1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
  2. Tear up cupcake crumbs into small pieces. Divide equally between ramekins. Top with craisins.
  3. Pour hot milk mixed with sugar, salt, and vanilla slowly into eggs whisking all the while.
  4. Pour the milk and egg mixture over the crumbs into ramekins.
  5. Place dish in a pan of hot water. (It's easiest to place ramekins in the pan, then put the pan in the oven, then pour in hot water!)
  6. Bake at 180 C for 40 min (mine took 1.5 hours) or until knife inserted comes out clean.
Serve hot or cold with cream.

2 comments: