23 February 2010

Emergency Eggs

At the moment, our office seems to have stepped up a gear. After being in there for over 12 hours, I got asked why I was leaving so early when I packed up at 8 pm (my official home time is 4 pm... ) so I'm not exactly flush with time to cook. That combined with the fact that my stove is currently chucking a tanty means that cooking time and resources are extremely limited. As such, I'm discovering a few low effort, low stress recipes I can pull out that take minimal time - and minimal cleaning up.

Today I just needed something comforting - so I pulled out the ol' emergency eggs.
Emergency Eggs
You will need:

2 eggs
2 tsp sour cream (or fresh cream if you prefer)
sprinkle of pepper

boiling water
small ramekin
deep oven tray
  1. Turn on oven and set to 190 C.
  2. Crack eggs into ramekin and top with sour cream.
  3. Place ramekin in deep tray.
  4. Pour boiling water into tray around ramekin and put in oven.
  5. Bake for 15 minutes or until whites are just set.
  6. Sprinkle on pepper to taste.
Serve with hot buttery toast and salad. Delish and comforting - and SO easy! And since the deep tray only held boiling water, the only washing up is a ramekin, your cutlery and your plate. Really, it's what you need when the going gets tough.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's a bit crazy at your office - hope it calms down soon.

    ReplyDelete