19 February 2010

The Cupcake List - February Update

You might remember in this post I outlined my goal for the year - 1 batch of cupcakes per week. And a different flavour every time. I've actually managed to meet it thus far! Since I have been getting home from the office ridiculously late recently, I haven't had anything particularly interesting to post about over the last couple of days, so I thought I'd update you all on the status of the Cupcake List.

I'm also going to try making them *ahem* slightly healthier... yeah, yeah I know I'm betraying the cupcakery cause by doing so, but my poor mum hasn't been very healthy as of late and her doctor has forbidden unnecessary refined sugar or saturated fats (although one could argue cupcakes are always necessary, but still...). I'm going to try substituting honey for sugar (jarrah honey is much lower GI and full of minerals) and fruit puree for half the butter. *Fingers crossed!* I'll let you know how it goes!

Again, please let me know if there are any flavours of cupcakes you've always wanted to see made! I'd love to try and figure out the recipes.

Italicized = Recipes are my own creation


Green = Already Complete

Orange = Not yet complete but I know how I'll do it

Red = Will be made but I'm not sure how I'll do it

January
- Cinnamon Pancake with Maple Buttercream
- Salted Caramel with Caramel SMBC
- Cinnamon Caramel Fairy Cakes with Cinnamon SMBC

February
- Cosmopolitan Cupcakes (with Lime SMBC)
- Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
- Lemon Lime Bitters Cupcakes (this is what I'm making Sunday - I'm adapting a flourless orange cake recipe and I'm going to make a lemon-bitters SMBC!)
- Orange Meringue Cupcakes
- Fig & Honey Cupcakes (with honey cream cheese frosting)

March
- Red Velvet cupcakes (well, everyone is always going on about them...!) - this recipe
- Quinoa Chocolate Cupcakes (low fat, low GI but high taste!) This Recipe
- Blueberry Polenta Cupcakes
- Some form of strawberry cupcake
- Some form of high-hat cupcake

April
- Carrot cake Cupcakes (for Easter! Yay!)
- Some kind of sweet potato cupcake
- Some kind of yeast based cupcake (eek!)

So people - cupcake suggestions please!

1 comment: