I'm cooking some for dinner as we speak - I'll post some photos afterwards because words alone cannot express how wonderful it is.
So here is my recipe for Drunken Goat (aka my dinner tonight...)
3 x goat cutlets, marinated in red wine and oregano
1 glug olive oil
leftover red wine
oven safe casserole dish with lid
- Turn on the oven and set to 140 C (don't worry about preheating it - it won't take long to heat)
- Put the olive oil in the casserole dish (enough to coat the bottom of the dish) and place the goat in on a single layer
- Pour over enough red wine to come halfway up the sides
- Cover with lid and put in the oven
- Drink a glass of wine and read a book for 2 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone
- Serve - it's really nice with polenta or mashed potatoes or mashed turnips
Yes, I realise this is a little similar to how I cook my lamb... but it's just so easy and yummy!