09 November 2009

An Introduction to Lazy Cooking

The first, and pretty much the only thing you need to know about me is that I love food. I seriously love food. I love eating it, I love cooking it. The smells, the textures, the hissing of sealing meat, the first crack of a creme brulee... yeah - I could go on.

But the second, and slightly less important thing is that, like many of my generation who have skipped straight from school to uni to the work force with barely a second glace, is that I have very little time. Needing to be at work before 7.30 most mornings and generally not getting home before 7 at night (at which point I can barely do more than collapse on the bed with the newspaper) leaves me with very little time and energy to cook - or complete the jobs associated with cooking (like shopping, washing up, eating...). The result of all of this is that, in my year or so of living like this, is that I have developed a somewhat pragmatic approach to cooking - but in such a way that I can generally cook some pretty damn yummy meals.

So, inspired by Julie and Julia, I thought I'd jump on the egotistical bandwagon (yeah yeah, I'm a late adopter... so sue me!) and share a few of the tips, tricks and general thoughts I've picked up along the way on how to cook damn good food - and not kill yourself in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment